April 9th, 2013 / No Comments » / by Faizan
March 31st, 2012 / No Comments » / by Faizan
Today (March 31st) is World Backup Day if you don’t already know. It encourages people to learn about role of data in our lives and the importance of regular backup. Data (documents, photos, videos, etc) on your pc, laptop or other devices is always on risk of being lost because of hardware failure, software failure, virus or human error. What if hard drive of your pc fails and is not backed up, all of its data is gone. Checkout this infographic about World Backup Day and think about backing up your important data.
March 27th, 2012 / 1 Comment » / by Ashar
You guys might have already got the news that Apple is now rejecting apps that access UDID. No comment about the decision, but as a developer I had to figure out solution as close to as orignal UDID. CFUUID could be an alternative but it has few issues. Mainly the UUID won’t be unique for device but unique in ‘space and time’. This means you have to create it and store it (locally + server) to identify the particular instance of the app. But if user take a backup of this device, and restore on new device, he would have two devices with same UUID and you don’t want that. (for example if you want your app to work on a single device at a time)
February 16th, 2012 / No Comments » / by Faizan
Are you a geek or a nerd? This awesome infographic will let you classify yourself as a geek or a nerd or something hybrid geek-nerd.
January 11th, 2012 / No Comments » / by Faizan
Some cool facts are:
- There are over 7500 varieties of apple fruit and around 400 varieties of apple tech products.
- 1 in 3 people in San Francisco Bay are owns an Apple product.
- The average apple weighs about the same as an iPhone 4s around 5 oz.
December 27th, 2011 / No Comments » / by Faizan
Thanks to iPhone dev team, untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 is out now. You can jailbreak your iPhone 3gs, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod Touch 3g and iPod Touch 4 running iOS 5.0.1 using RedSn0w. So if you were waiting for iOS 5 jailbreak before updating your device, now is the time to upgrade and enjoy all those cool new features like iMessage, Wi-Fi sync, iCloud etc that iOS5 offers. Jailbreaking processes is simple, enter your device into DFU mode run RedSn0w and follow the instructions.
From iPhone-Dev Blog
- The untether is for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G
- If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! See the guides at places like iClarified.com if you don’t know how. Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
- If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
- Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
[via iPhone-dev blog]