Archive for the ‘Apple’ Category:
March 27th, 2012 / 1 Comment » / by Ashar
You guys might have already got the news that Apple is now rejecting apps that access UDID. No comment about the decision, but as a developer I had to figure out solution as close to as orignal UDID. CFUUID could be an alternative but it has few issues. Mainly the UUID won’t be unique for device but unique in ‘space and time’. This means you have to create it and store it (locally + server) to identify the particular instance of the app. But if user take a backup of this device, and restore on new device, he would have two devices with same UUID and you don’t want that. (for example if you want your app to work on a single device at a time)
January 11th, 2012 / No Comments » / by Faizan
Some cool facts are:
- There are over 7500 varieties of apple fruit and around 400 varieties of apple tech products.
- 1 in 3 people in San Francisco Bay are owns an Apple product.
- The average apple weighs about the same as an iPhone 4s around 5 oz.
December 27th, 2011 / No Comments » / by Faizan
Thanks to iPhone dev team, untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 is out now. You can jailbreak your iPhone 3gs, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod Touch 3g and iPod Touch 4 running iOS 5.0.1 using RedSn0w. So if you were waiting for iOS 5 jailbreak before updating your device, now is the time to upgrade and enjoy all those cool new features like iMessage, Wi-Fi sync, iCloud etc that iOS5 offers. Jailbreaking processes is simple, enter your device into DFU mode run RedSn0w and follow the instructions.
From iPhone-Dev Blog
- The untether is for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G
- If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! See the guides at places like iClarified.com if you don’t know how. Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
- If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
- Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
[via iPhone-dev blog]
September 9th, 2011 / No Comments » / by Faizan
Though iOS 4 comes with multitasking support, but if you are playing a music video that you want to listen in background, minimizing the YouTube app by pressing the home key or turning off the screen stops playback.
August 19th, 2011 / No Comments » / by Faizan
Do you judge a person by his or her mobile phone? This interesting infographic shows differences between Android and iPhone users. After reading this infographic you can somewhat understand personality of a person by just knowing which mobile phone they use.
June 7th, 2011 / 1 Comment » / by Faizan
Earlier today at WWDC11 apple announced iOS 5 with over 200 new features. One of the most anticipated feature is iMessage that let you send message to other iOS 5 devices via Wi-Fi or 3G.
May 7th, 2011 / 5 Comments » / by Faizan
Since iOS 3.0 release there is an option in iPhone to enable numeric battery percentage indicator, however this option is not available in iPod Touch. If you want to enable this option in iPod Touch first you need to jailbreak your iPod, if your iPod is already jailbroken then you can follow the following steps.