Archive for the ‘Reviews’ Category:
January 17th, 2009 / 8 Comments » / by AF8AB
Reviewed by .AFI.
I wanted an All-In-One printer for about a year now. This Canon was already chosen. Other options included the HP2280 & Epson 3-in-1 Printer. It wasn’t a very hard choice for me to decide Canon Printer. Its got some real cool feature set, the features have an intelligent naming convention lOl . And everyone in Hafeez center wants to sell HP and they say they like it & that its good and Bla Bla. HP is the people’s choice, The Most commonly used Printer / Cheap One, In fact The Best Selling Printer.
But Hp is UGLY . That is my reason to buy a non-HP product.( And offcourse there are many other reasons as well. )
We have used Lexmark & HP before. And they deliver good. This one that i got yesterday is a All-In-One Printer/Scanner/Copier. That means you don’t need to run to a photo copy shop or ask your neighbour if he has a scanner. Its the best choice in its price range. Its good looking & smart, Its fast but its quite Noisy ( btw There isn’t any inkjet thats silent ).
Here are a few details about the product ..
• Canon’s legendary FINE™ technology print head heightens both quality and speed
• Tiny 2pl (min) ink droplet combined with 4800dpi (max) resolution for photo-lab quality photo
• Prints a 4 x 6” borderless photo in just 60 seconds
• Speedy document printing: 20ppm monochrome/ 15ppm colour
Photos that last a Lifetime
• ChromoLife100 incorporates FINE™ technology print head, dye-based inks and Canon photo media
• Photo memories can keep their vibrant colours and resist fading for up to 100 years
• Speedy document copying: 19cpm monochrome/ 15cpm in colour
• Colours stay faithful to the original with Dual Colour Gamut Processing
• Even second-generation copies are clear and vibrant
• Advanced Z-Lid for convenient copying of thick or bulky documents
• Sharp 600dpi CIS flatbed scanning with image-retouching capabilities
• With the Multi-Crop function you can select several sections of a document, scan one time, then save each section as an individual scan in a multi-page file
• Scan up to 10 business cards or four 4”x6” photos at once with the Multi-Scan function; images are properly aligned and saved as individual file.
The Bottom Line is that if you belong to the normal mankind and u need a good budget printer/scanner, Buy it.
The Price varies alot from shop to shop. It starts from Rs. 6000 & come down to Rs. 4000. You’re good to go if you get it within Rs. 4000-4600 price range.
Anyways, This thing is perfect for low price quality color photo printing. The glossy photo paper is available in the market for 500 Rs per 20 Sheets of A4 size. And 250 Rs for 20 sheets of ( 6″ x 4″ ) size. Its quick and the best feature your photo won’t fade for the next 100 years ( Canon proclaimed feature ).
January 3rd, 2009 / 1 Comment » / by AF8AB
There were supposed to be Two of them but we thought to get one after another. This LCD Belongs to Faizan.
Looking throughout the market for the 2253 Model with a 5000:1 Dynamic contrast ratio as the 2232 had 3000:1 DC Ratio. But fortunately what we have here is a Plus Model with a superb 8000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio & an amazing 2ms response time. What i didn’t mention yet is the brilliant mighty 22″ size.
If you are upgrading from 17″ or 19″ models you will be stunned when you’ll watch a 1080p HD Quality CG animation. The colors are very vivid and bright.
January 1st, 2009 / 1 Comment » / by Faizan
Today we’d some spare time to compare camera quality of all cams we’ve. Actually this was to test camera quality of my LG KF510 that i got 2 days back. We compared it against DC-W50 in 3.15Mp mode (There is not any comparison between these two but that’s all we’ve). We didn’t miss this opportunity to test cam of Aftab’s new Nokia 5320Xm with my old Nokia 6120c both of them comes with 2.0MP cmos cam.
- Cyber-shot® DSC-W50 Digi Cam 6MP .. ( used 3Mp mode for comparison with auto ISO and AF) (Aftab)
- LG KF510 3.15Megapixel Autofocus (Faizan)
- Nokia 5320 XpressMusic: 2.0 Megapixel (Aftab)
- Nokia 6120 Classic: 2.0 Megapixel (Faizan)
Location: Model Town Park 3:00PM
October 29th, 2008 / 8 Comments » / by AF8AB
* 2″ 16M-color display of QVGA resolution
* Symbian 9.3 OS with S60 3.2 UI
* ARM 11 369 MHz CPU and 128MB of RAM
* 140 MB of user memory
* microSD slot with support for up to 8GB, 512MB or 1GB card in the retail package
* 3G with HSDPA support
* Bluetooth and USB v2.0
* 2 megapixel fixed-focus camera
* 3.5 mm standard audio jack
* Stereo FM radio with RDS
* Dedicated music controls
* Music-centric Active Standby plug-in
* Very good loudspeaker performance
* Compact body and light weight
* Cool handsfree set in the retail package
Got it yesterday night. An upgrade to my Nokia 6120 Classic.
Because i have an ear for music.
August 30th, 2008 / No Comments » / by Faizan
I just Upgraded my PC’s GPU from Geforce 7600GS to Geforce 7900GT
7600 GS Specs:
12 pixel pipelines
5 vertex pipelines
128-bit wide memory bus
256MB of onboard GDDR II
Clock speed 400MHz
24 pixel pipelines
8 vertex pipelines
278 million transistors
256-bit memory interface
256MB of onboard GDDR III
Clock speed 450MHz
Test System Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
MSI K8n Neo 4 Platinum
1GB Corsair Value Ram DDR I
500GB WD SATA II 16MB buffer
Cooler Mast 460 Watts PSU
August 26th, 2008 / No Comments » / by Faizan
got New PSP 2000 Slim & Lite | Limited Edition
Reason to Buy:
Extensive Load shedding
PS2 Gaming on the Go
Movies / Videos / Music / Pictures
Wi-Fi Internet Pizza Hut MM Alam rox already
Multiplayer Connectivity upto 16 PSP(s)
August 25th, 2008 / 6 Comments » / by AF8AB
*Reviewing after using it for 3 months
*Took time to know it better.
Nokia 6120 Classic ( Black and Pearl )
Current Price: August 2008
15800 Rs ( Black ) | 16900 Rs ( Pearl White )
Elegant Design & construction
High speed processor
Remarkable size and weight for a SmartPhone
Brilliant QVGA display with reflexive surface
GPRS, EDGE, HSCSD, UMTS, HSDPA
Less Battery Time
Camera Result not very Good in Low light